Principle 3 - An effective board will provide good governance and leadership by ensuring delivery of organisational purpose
The board has ultimate responsibility for directing the activity of the organisation and delivering its stated purposes. It will do this by:
- Ensuring organisational purposes remain relevant and valid.
- Providing public benefit.
- Developing and agreeing a long term strategy.
- Developing operational plans and budgets.
- Monitoring progress and spending against agreed plans and budgets.
- Amending plans and budgets as appropriate.
- Evaluating results, assessing outcomes and impact.
- Maintaining a positive working relationship with volunteers and staff including the most senior member of staff.