Planning Recruitment and Elections
In order to plan effectively for your Management Committee recruitment, there are key things you need to know. These are relevant regardless of the size of your organisation.
Click on each of the Help! areas below for further information and advice.
Use our practical worksheets to help you build your own recruitment plan.
What you need to know...
1. Know your boundaries
What does your governing document say about who should be on your Management Committee?
2. Know your procedures
What procedures are set down in our governing document or by the Management Committee for recruiting, selecting and electing or appointing new members? Do special procedures apply for appointing office bearers?
- Help! I need to know more about recruitment and selection procedures
- Help! I need to know more about electing office bearers
- Worksheet: Your Governing Document and recruitment
3. Know your committee
What are the gaps in skills, knowledge or representation on your committee? What kind of individual would strengthen your committee?
- Help! I need to know more about identifying who we need on our Committee
- Worksheet: Carrying out a skills diversity audit
4. Know the role
What exactly is involved in being a Management Committee member?
- Help! I need to know more about defining the Management Committee role
- Worksheet: Develop a role description
5. Know your opportunities
How will you find and attract the kind of individual(s) you need on your committee?
6. Know your induction strategy
How will you introduce new members to their role? What information and support do new members need to carry out their responsibilities?