Consultation on Proposed Changes to the Charity Annual Monitoring Return 2018
The Charity Commission for Northern Ireland has opened a public consultation on proposed changes to the Annual Monitoring Return (AMR) 2018. This AMR applies to those registered charities which have a financial period which begins on or after 1 January 2018. None of the proposed changes place new requirements upon charities.
These changes are aimed at assisting charities to submit the correct information, in the correct format, when they report to the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland and are based on learning from charity AMRs they have received to date.
Information on the consultation, including how you can take part, can be viewed on their website at www.charitycommissionni.org.uk.
They would like to hear from charity trustees, organisations and professionals which help charities, and members of the public who are interested in the good governance of charities.
The consultation will run from Tuesday 12 September 2017, for ten weeks, closing at 5pm on Monday 20 November 2017.
How can you respond?
You can take part in the consultation using any of the following methods:
- Attend their consultation event on Thursday 12 October 2017 from 2pm-4pm at NICVA, 61 Duncairn Gardens, Belfast, BT15 2GB. To book a place at this event, please email [email protected].
- Complete an online questionnaire which can be accessed here https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/B65JT2X.
- Download a consultation response form by clicking here http://www.charitycommissionni.org.uk/media/139469/20170914-amr18-consultation-document-and-response-form.docx fill it in and either:
- email it to [email protected] or
- post it to Charity Commission for Northern Ireland, 257 Lough Road, Lurgan, BT66 6NQ