The Treasurer has a watchdog role over all aspects of financial management, working closely with other members of the Management Committee to safeguard the organisation's finances.
It is important to note that although the Treasurer ensures that these responsibilities are met, much of the work may be delegated to a finance sub-committee and paid staff or volunteers.
In summary, the Treasurer is responsible for:
- General financial oversight
- Funding, fundraising and sales
- Financial planning and budgeting
- Financial reporting
- Banking, book keeping and record keeping
- Control of fixed assets and stock more...