Code of Conduct
A management committee may adopt a code of conduct for committee members, or create one that applies more widely to all staff and volunteers, as well as committee members. The code should outline the expectations of the organisation on the attitudes and behaviour that it expects of its people. Sometimes these are based around the specific values of the organisation. See also Act according to high ethical standards.
Typical headings in a code of conduct for management committee members might be as follows:
- Acting in the interests of the organisation – avoiding conflicts of interest
- Probity and Prudence
- Mutual respect
- Protecting the reputation of the organisation
- Collective Responsibility
- Contributing to the Organisation
- Authority of the Chair
- Equality of Opportunity
- Clarity of roles and delegated authority
Download: Code of Conduct
NCVO’s Template Code of Conduct (you need to log in or sign up).